- In the center of a study should be a research question with a testable outcome
- Which variables were recorded?
- How many participants?
- How old were they?
- How long was the study?
- Which methods are appropriate and useful to study this particular data set?
- Are there any obvious patterns in the data?
- Did the outcome happen by chance?
- What inferences can you draw beyond the collected data?
- Is there a cause-effect relationship between the data and the outcome?
- How could you summarise the results and what do they mean?
- How widely can this conclusion be applied?