It takes a while. It’s gonna take you a while.
It’s normal to take a while.
And you just have to fight your way through that.
You will be fierce. You will be a warrior, okay? And you will make things that aren’t as good as you know in your heart want them to be.
And you will just make one after another.
- a series of actions can create suspense, anecdotal reliving
- ask questions to keep viewers or readers guessing
- have a moment of reflection: does it mean anything? answer the audience’s question – is it new information?
- a good story has action, then reflection and back, interweave them
- kill things that you had a feeling could be better
- leave behind the crap, start new and enjoy throwing away bad work
- if you get through enough material, you will eventually find something special
- your goal is making something that’s memorable
- but most of the steps in the beginning will lead you to no tangeable outcome
- yet you will take away experience and often luck will lead you to where you need to be, right time at the right moment
- creative people want to be creative because you have good taste
- your own work is not as good as your taste
- you know it’s crappy but you need to get over it
- you will see the deprecancy between yourself and your passions, your idols
- it. is. normal. keep at it
- create deadlines
- get out the work, you have to keep going to close the gap
- i love that he talks about how much he sucked himself, at 27 😅
- beginner’s mistakes: be yourself, do not imitate your experiences of media
- why talk like another person when this other person already exists?